Our masonry team is led by Contracts Director Geoff Moore who has over 50 years of experience working in stone conservation and stone masonry. As such our masons’ work has been tried and tested by conservation architects, local authorities, English Heritage, Cadw, The National Trust, and Church Parochial Councils.
Our masons are fully qualified in their traditional trade and carry heritage specific CSCS cards. Recclesia is a Full Member of the Stone Federation of Great Britain and abides by its high standards and codes of conduct.
Recent masonry conservation works include Rhuddlan Castle, Wenlock Priory, St Mary’s Church Nantwich, St Catherine’s Church Tugford, Castell Dinas Bran, and South Shields Town Hall to mention but a few.
As a result of the combined and extensive experience of our team we believe that we can provide any service that you as a client may need for any stone masonry works. If you have a project you think might suit us, we welcome any enquire and look forward to hearing from you.
After many years of development and continued growth our stone masonry services now include:
- Masonry conservation and repair
- Production of new architectural masonry, including carving and figurative works
- Structural consolidation and repair works
- New commissions, design, and research work
- Condition surveys, treatment reports and specialist schedules of work
- Specialist cleaning, including Torc and Doff systems, simple mechanical cleaning, laser cleaning, as well as a range of poulticing methods
- Surface consolidation including grouting, filleting and the application of conservation resin repair systems
- Lime mortar conservation and re-application; we use as standard NHL systems and hot mix lime systems
- Pigmented and variegated lime shelter coating