Recclesia's Heritage Consultancy team have provided specialist services on a vast range of projects for organisations such as English Heritage, Cadw, Historic Scotland, The National Trust, The Palace of Westminster, The Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, and The HMS Victory Preservation Trust.
Examining an historic building or object, understanding various levels of significance and identifying condition issues is absolutely essential prior to any conservation or repair work being carried out. Without this knowledge it is impossible to fully understand problems or schedule works in great detail. Our approach is distinguished by the expertise of our reports and advice, meaning that our contribution to any project would be authoritative and respected by clients, local authorities, and heritage bodies.
Our services are usually commissioned to assist with the production of Architect’s specifications and schedule of works or grant applications, as technical support to Quinquennial Reports for Churches, and for budget planning and project planning purposes.
Through our continued experience within the heritage sector, we have developed a constructive approach to conservation which we believe can help ensure any works carried out in historic environments or on historic buildings are cost efficient, and to the highest possible heritage standards.
- Specialist conservation surveys & reports.
- Historic building, built environment and objects research.
- Conservation specifications for all aspects of building conservation.
- Using our specialist portable digital photo microscopic equipment we can offer multiscale analysis of historic materials and finishes including historic mortars, historic paint coatings, and stained glass.
- Lectures & CPD on a wide range of conservation topics (these can be provided on specific conservation methods & materials, or a more general overview of conservation philosophies and issues)
- Offering assistance with planning and listed building applications, and conditions; through the provision of detailed conservation reports and assessments.
If you would like further information about these services, please contact us.